How To Join
Who Can Join?
CGEPTA membership can consist of parents, guardians, other family members, community members, teachers, and staff. We encourage you to join and show your support for our school and have a voice in the decision making. An individual, who pays dues to our local PTA, automatically becomes a member of the state and national PTAs.
|*Membership $7.50 each|
|**Honorary Life Member $5.25 each|
|**persons who have been selected by local PTA to receive an honorary Texas PTA Life Membership|
|Thank you for your support!|
Sign up to be a PTA Member here!
Why Join a Parent Teacher Association (PTA)?The number-one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more advantages. Here are just a few:
- Get Connected. There's no better way to know what's happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. Parenting is not easy-it helps to share ideas, concerns and experiences with other parents and educators in the community. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you gain valuable experiences. It's an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause-your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. Because the PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child's school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child's school you'll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events-all vital to a school's success.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you'll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Your membership dues help fund our PTA programs such as Bike Rodeo, Student Enrichment, Arts in Education, Red Ribbon Week, Staff Appreciation and much more! With your support, we are able to provide our children and teachers with additional programs and fun activities throughout the school year.